We will need an extra set of clothes in the event of a major spill or accident. The extra clothes will have to be updated as the seasons change. (Please label each item.) This is for all children.
Please have your child dressed in the clothing you would like him/her to wear for the day. Shorts can be worn under long pants and t-shirts can be worn under sweatshirts. Children are welcome to peel their outer layer off as they get warmer
Wear clothes that can get messy!
Active learning can mean messes! We strongly encourage your child to wear clothing each day that can get muddy, painted, splattered (with various materials!), gooey and wet. This includes their shoes. We will encourage self-help skills by taking them to the sink, so they can help clean their hands and face. But, be prepared, they probably will not look as sparkly clean as they did when you left them in the morning. We do not do this to frustrate you, but rather to allow them as many hand-on experiences as possible. Usually being messy means that your child learned something new, worked with a friend, solved a problem, created a work of art or just had a great time!
Shoes: Open-toed shoes, sandals, or slip-ons are not appropriate for your child’s active day at the center.
Your child must wear shoes at all times. If an emergency were to come up, we want your child to be prepared to meet whatever conditions are outside. When your child enters the center, he/she should be wearing sneakers or other rubber soled shoes to stay safe.
The equipment and play materials at the center are chosen carefully. We ask that you leave your child’s toys at home for the following reasons:
- They may create tension or feelings of jealousy.
- They may hurt or injure other children.
- They may get lost or broken.
- Staff cannot monitor toys at the expense of supervising children.
*The center is not responsible for broken, lost or stolen items.
We go outside daily for at least 15 minutes. If it is very hot and humid or very cold, we limit the time outside. Please make sure your child has the appropriate clothing to go outside in cold weather. If there is snow outside, we may play in it! Please be sure to pack snow clothes, boots, mittens, hats, etc., each day in the winter. Please remember to label all items.
-Infants are required to bring 3 crib sheets and a blanket to keep at the center. The dirty sheets will be sent home EVERY Friday for laundering.
-Toddlers and Preschoolers will have nap/rest time daily (usually between 12:30PM & 2:30PM). Parents are to provide a sleeping bag, a soft mat (yoga mats work great) and a pilToilet Training:
- When you and the teachers feel your child is ready for toilet training, the teachers will help your child use the toilets in our center.
- Toilet training must be consistent between the child’s home and center. This is very important.
- A child MUST wear pull-ups until they are COMPLETELY Toilet trained.
- You will also need a couple different sets of clothing for your child each day.
Toilet training is based on individual child’s interest, ability and willingness to participate.
Diapers & Wipes:
Parents must supply disposable diapers and wipes.
- The center will provide breakfast and afternoon snack.
- Breakfast consists of: Pancakes and/or cereal.
- Snack consists of: Graham crackers, animal crackers and/or pretzels.
- Please supply your child with a drink for the day. We have water to offer to the children when needed.
- Children must come prepared with a lunch; waiting for delivery of lunch from a parent will not be tolerated.
Bottles & Dishes:
- All your child’s dishes will be sent home daily to be washed.
- Please make sure you take your children’s bottles and/or Sippy cups home EVERY day to be cleaned.
- The center closes promptly at 6:00PM.
- If your child is picked up after 6:00PM (6:01PM)
- The additional charge is $10.00 per child EVERY 5 minutes.
- If you are charged a late fee 3 times, the 4th late pick-up will result in termination of care at the facility.
- All summer withdrawals must be for the entire summer (End of JUNE to last week in AUGUST.)
- You must leave one week’s deposit to hold your child’s spot when they return.
- If you wish to withdrawal your child during the months of September through May, we are unable to hold your child’s spot.
- If you wish to change your child’s schedule it must be for at least 6 weeks.
- If your child’s schedule is going from Full-Time to Part-Time you are not guaranteed your Full-Time spot back.