Guidance Policy: The child care staff uses a variety of positive guidance techniques to encourage self-control. The staff strives to be consistent, positive and understanding of individual needs.
We will use the following techniques:
- Role Modeling
- Praise for positive behavior
- Allowing children to express themselves in nonviolent ways.
- Cool down time where children have a place to go when they need to relieve stress.
- Talking about how their behavior affects others “using their words” returning to the group.
While we strive to meet individual needs, our focus must remain with the safety and well-being of all children. Chronic incidents of behaviors which harm children and the staff in the program such as biting, kicking, scratching, hitting, spitting or excessive use of foul language disrupts our program.
The Gingerbread House will follow the states Expulsion and Suspension process to its entirety.
The center will:
- Provide guidance for parents to OCDEL funded programs regarding appropriate behavior support practices.
- Provide guidance to OCDEL funded programs in how to support family engagement in an inclusive manner that respects the cultural and individual preferences of families,
- Provide resources to parents of local programs to support staff and prevent expulsion.
The Gingerbread House Learning Center reserves the right to dismiss any child who exhibits inappropriate behavior.